SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sonu Nigam - Music Is A State Of Mind!




















After his performance at Gandhi Maidan on Friday, popular playback singer SonuNigam shared his bittersweet experience of life and music with Parul Pandey. Excerpts:
 
Q: How was the experience in Bihar? Do you think it has changed?
A: Frankly speaking, I should not have performed since I am in a trance after my mother's death, recently. This was more like meeting my commitment rather than enjoyment. For the first time, I understood the meaning of word 'the show must go on...' Overall, Bihari audience is very sincere. They understand and appreciate good music.
Q: What you have to say on the changing trend of music?
A: Any form of art is just the impression of society. Whatever music we are hearing today would have been called a stupidity and madness in 40s and 80s. The present generation cannot connect to five decades old music and the vice versa.
Q: What is music and singing to you?
A: Music is a state of mind.
Q: Do you think it is fair that untrained singers win singing competition through SMSs?
A: Is everything fair in life!
Q: Are you religious or spiritual?
A: I am neither religious nor spiritual. I'm a seeker, somebody who is trying to understand the true essence of life.
Q: You have not resumed acting after 'love in Nepal'?
A: Love in Nepal was a very good movie and I am proud of it. But I have realized my time is too precious to waste on those who are not sincere enough like me. I can only work with people who are as crazy as I am and whose intentions are right. If I get such projects that touch me I will definitely do it.
Q: Any new album?
A: Yes, very soon my new English album 'INDIA' is coming. It would be launched worldwide.
Q: Why new albums are not coming these days?
A: Due to digitization of music, albums don't earn good money. It is a non-profitable business now.
Q: Share your bond with your mother.
A: My whole family was very much attached to her. We still cry over losing her. For the first time on Thursday I received an award when my mother was not there. Usually, I used to keep any award at her feet but this time I kept it near her photo and cried hard.
Q: Your wife's role in your life?
A: She is the mother of my child. First, she was my girlfriend then became my wife. We all have tough times but nothing is foolproof. That's life!
Q: How your life changed after the birth of your son?
A: Life is still changing. He is a happy child and I am not a typical tough father. I respect my son and don't look down upon him.
Q: Does he like singing? Do you want him to be a singer?
A: He likes singing, dancing, acting and even tries directing at home. He is a topper and plays tennis and learn judo. It is not the time to decide anything for him.

Source: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-03-24/patna/37980968_1_life-and-music-sonu-nigam-popular-playback-singer

No comments:

Post a Comment