SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Saturday 7 May 2011

Sonu Niigaam Saving The Flamingos Through Music !!


Sonu Niigaam is super thrilled. His song Let's Go For Glory that he sung at the opening of the World Cup 2011 has been released by a top American recording company.

"I had put my whole heart into that composition, and this appreciation is truly touching," he says. And that's not all; Sonu has also been composing music for a feature film called Jal, which focuses on saving the flamingos.

CS spoke to Sonu about his new project, his love for nature and the idea of singers promoting various causes.

In harmony
The film is based on water scarcity in Kutch, and the problems resulting from it. The director (Girish Malik) wanted a score that was very rooted and yet had an international feel. One of the best parts has been collaborating with Bickram Ghosh for the music. I am huge fan of Bickram. He is a fabulous tabla player and percussionist. We have also found a term for our music Muddy Electronica. It describes a kind of music that's western with a distinct Indian touch. We also have with us Shubha Mudgal, who is a superb singer.

One with nature
I am a crazy guy (smiles). I once disappeared in 2006 for seven-eight days without saying a word to anyone. I was trekking in the Nandadevi Biosphere savouring the wonderful sights of nature. Again in 2009, I told my wife that I needed to disappear for a while. I spent two months alone in the countryside in the US. Spending time with nature is a great form of 'me-time'. When I am surrounded by nature, I realise that music is not my profession, it's me. As I introspect further, I feel that the money, fame, awards, etc are just peripherals. The worldly achievements are just a part of the inner journey into the world of music. Well, I haven't had much time for a break recently but I'm soon planning to head to Ranthambore National Park for a wildlife holiday.

Singing for a cause
Well, no one has approached me to sing for any particular cause till date. Recently, when Kailash (Kher) sang in support of Anna Hazare, I felt it was a wonderful gesture. He behaved like a true Indian citizen who believes in putting his best for his country. Sadly, there are many singers both in India and abroad who use social causes as publicity vehicles. This hurts me a lot. I have sung for various issues right from anti-dowry to AIDS to women's causes, but I don't like to talk about them. However, if someone approached me to compose some music or sing for tiger conservation, I would do it instantly.

By: Urmimala Banerjee Date: 2011-04-26 Place: Mumbai

Source: http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/apr/260411-Sonu-Nigam-World-Cup-2011-Jal.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment