SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Monday 9 May 2011

Sonu Niigaam & Pyarelalji Recreate The Magic Of Laxmikant-Pyarelals Melodies


MUMBAI: More than 100 musicians rejuvenated the golden era of 60s and 70s by playing live, to the evergreen compositions of the legendary musical duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal, at Maestros 2011 on Saturday, 6th May 2011 in Mumbai.

The concert was a dream come true for music lovers, as the Legendary music director Pyarelal of the music duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal performed live after twenty years on 80 evergreen songs with Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sudesh Bhosle, Shail Hada, Srikant Kulkarni and Vabhavari Joshi and more than 100 musicians with 60 chorus singers on stage. The musical night recreated the magic of Laxmikant- Pyarela’s Unprecedented compositions as it included musicians who had composed the original song with the duo in the 70s playing live on stage.

RJ Anmol hosted Maestros 2011 and also present at the concert were singers L Subramaniam, Shweta Pandit, Actress Amrita Rao, Kunika Lall and others.

Receiving a standing ovation Pyarelal said, “It is a big day for the Laxmikant-Pyarelal duo. Today, all the songs of Laxmi will be played live with these 100 exceptional musicians on stage. The set up is just the same and reminds of the recordings in 70’s. I am very delighted and hope the show recreates the magic of the 70s.”

Kavita Krishnamurthy opened the concert by singing the popular song Main Khwabon Ki Shehzadi from Mr India.

Speaking on this occasion Kavita Krishnamurthy said, “I have worked with the duo for 20 years and performing with these 100 musicians makes me feel that I am recording with my musical family at the Mehboob Studio. Laxmikant and Pyarelal are my guru and whatever I am today is because of the finest songs given by them.''

Before singing the hit song "Jumma Chumma De De…" Sudesh Bhosle said, “While offering the song Laxmiji and Pyareji predicted that this song will ne a big hit and will change my life and fortunately they proved to be right. This song gave me a new identity, and whatever I am today it is because of this song.”

Siddhant, Sudesh Bhosle's son also presented one song and seeked the blessings of Pyarelal.

Presenting some of the immortal songs of Mohammed Rafi, Sonu Nigam said, "I feel lucky that I got a chance to sing with Laxmiji and Pyareji. During my struggling days whenever I passed from the houses of Laxmiji and Pyareji i used to bow my head
as a mark of respect to them.”

Alka Yagnik who has won Two Filmfare Awards out of seven for Laxmikant-Pyarelal songs, mesmerized the audience with the favorite ‘Ek Do Teen’. Alka Yagnik said, “It is an honour to be on stage to sing Laxmikant-Pyarelal’s melodies. I am still learning music and will keep learning all my life but I can say that whatever I have learnt it is from Laxmikant and Pyarelal.”

Source: http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/maestros-2011-recreates-magic-laxmikant-pyarelals-melodies#story

No comments:

Post a Comment