SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Friday 31 December 2010

Sonu Niigaam Is On A Song !!


Now female playback is also part of Sonu Nigam's repertoire. "Now I can even boast about singing for Katrina Kaif in addition to all the male actors," laughs the versatile singer as he poses for a family who's come from abroad to meet him.

Sonu Nigam clearly doesn't like being stereotyped and his latest hit, the title track of Tees Maar Khan where he has sung in 54 voices, proves it. Sonu gets candid with CS about his versatility, fan following and love for experimenting:

Meri awaaz suno
When Shirish Kunder narrated the script of the title track, I saw it was a multi-layered song. It required a number of singers.

While going through the script in detail, I realised I could pull off the entire song on my own. So, when Shirish saw I could sing with variations, he suggested that I sing the entire song and make it the USP of the song.

The tough part was to make it sound authentic, discarding the sound monotony even in the chorus. So, I changed my voice even while recording the chorus.

Experimental me
I don't want to stagnate the singer in me. Earlier in the 90s I was typecasted as a sad singer when Bewafa Sanam's Acha Sila Diya became a huge hit. Likewise, I have been offered romantic, patriotic and philosophical numbers depending on the success of my last song.

I feel that people in the industry make use of your present situation and then try to exploit you. I refuse to be the part of this exploitation.

I am bored of singing mushy songs and so avoid them these days. No one likes stereotyping, we change clothes, houses, offices sometimes even partners, so what's wrong if I demand some variation?

Fan fundas
As a child I was fanatic about Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan). But when I saw him in Lal Badshah and Mrityudaata, I felt cheated. I wondered why he acted in films where he looked so old.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't have stopped him from doing these movies. Then he made a superb comeback with KBC. So, if he would have been affected by what fans thought of him, he might have vanished.

This experience taught me that never listen to your fans. Fans should never affect an artist. He should work at creating more fans. Experimenting may upset my existing fans but will definitely broaden my spectrum for new fans.

Who: Sonu Niigaam
What: Talking about his desire for experimenting
Where: At his residence

By: Avantika Patil
Date: 2010-12-30 Place: Mumbai

Source: http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/dec/301210-Sonu-Nigam-song-Tees-Maar-Khan.htm#

No comments:

Post a Comment