SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Friday 11 September 2009

Sonu Niigaam's Voice To Help Stop Suicide's!


This singer-lyricist-composer believes his song can inspire people to not commit suicide.

On the occasion of World Suicide Prevention Day, Pallav Pandya (47) performed his song Jeelo Jeevan Bhar Ke (Live life to the fullest) at Andheri’s Bhavan’s Cultural Centre on Thursday.

Pandya, a troupe leader with singer Sonu Nigam, said he was inspired to pen the song earlier this year after he learnt that 250 people commit suicide every day in the country.

“I realised that something has to be done to control this, though the figures reported are just the tip of the iceberg,” said the Science graduate, who has penned songs for television serials and films.

“I read books on psychology and neurolinguistic programmes to understand the root cause of suicide.”

After months of research, Pandya found that some words have a positive and remedial effect on people with suicidal tendencies such as “I can” and “Say yes to life”.

“When I uploaded my song on YouTube and also circulated it among at least 25 NGOs, I got tremendous response,” he said.

His songs are mostly in Hinglish (a combination of Hindi and English) so that they have mass appeal. He has also written songs in Bengali, Marathi and Gujarati.

“I have approached quite a few singers to lend their voices to my song so that the message reaches the masses,” Pandya said.

Shahkar Abidi, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, September 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment