SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sonu Nigam - Music Runs Deep In Sonu’s Blood!

March 19 2012 at 09:14am
By Latoya Newman

Can you identify a moment in your life (before your music career) when you realised music was your passion and you wanted to pursue it as a career?

When I was younger I loved performing and the attention I got when people watched me perform.

When I was about three years old, I used to go to my father’s (Agam Nigam) concerts and was not shy to perform on stage with him. One day, at one of his concerts I went on stage to sing Mohammed Rafi’s Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Wo Kasam Wo Irada. Everyone loved my performance, so I guess from that moment on I wanted to sing.

I would accompany my father on his appearances at weddings and parties and this eventually led to my singing career. This definitely made me want to pursue it as my career.

Who would you credit as your musical influences or inspiration?

I was and still am a big fan of the late Michael Jackson. He has had considerable influence on my singing, as is evident in my rendition of Dil Deewana in Pardes. He has played such a huge role in what type of artist I am today, that I have even released a tribute song to Michael in collaboration with his fans on Facebook. The song made it on to an 18-song global compilation of tribute songs CD called The Beat of Our Hearts.

My father is also a huge mentor for me. I have learnt a lot from him over the years and am proud to have a father who supports my career and has given me so much guidance to help me get to where I am today. He not only is my father, but a talented performer and a true inspiration to me.

You’ve worked very hard at your career since the early days of travelling with your father to your debut song Janam (1990), to your film appearances and more. Many young people aspiring to a career in entertainment view it with dreamy eyes. What advice can you offer them about the hard work it takes to establish the kind of respected status you have today?

It is important to stay humble and remember that fame isn’t everything. Family and friends need to be kept close to help you through the difficult times. Enjoy every moment that you sing, and sing from the heart – that is what will make you successful.

Success is not having money and fame, it is doing what you love and being happy with who you are and how your life is going.

I always live by the motto: “Your tomorrow has no right to complain about your today, as long as your today gives you bliss, unknown and incomprehensible to your yesterday, and tomorrow.”

You’ve literally travelled the world with your career. What are some of your favourite cities and what makes them special for you?

I have travelled to so many countries – the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and South Africa, to name a few.

South Africa is definitely one of my favourite countries to travel to – and the cities I have been privileged enough to perform in, I have soaked up and enjoyed. Cape Town is especially a beautiful city and the people there are vibrant and energetic. At each performance I do in Cape Town, the audience seems to interact more and more. The fans are really what makes the performance one to remember.

Joburg and Durban are also great cities and the fans from each prove to me time and again what special people South Africans are.

Your fans here are very excited about your return, any words for them?

Thanks to AA Events which has given this opportunity once again and our sponsors, ZEE TV, Emperors Palace and SAA. I will be returning to South Africa to perform a melodious three-city tour. On March 23 I will be in Cape Town at the Good Hope Centre, on the 24th I will be in Joburg at Emperors Palace, and on the 25th I will be in Durban performing at the ICC.

The concert is going to be spectacular, and I have a great supporting cast to make the concert even better with all their favourite classics.

You come from a family rooted in music and I believe your son is also singing now. How does it feel to be part of a generation that is continuing your family’s legacy, and to be a witness to a younger generation that is extending this legacy even further?

It is true, my son is also learning to sing, and hopefully he will enjoy it as much as I do.

It feels great to be a part of a family where we all have the same interests and take so much joy in doing the same thing. I believe my family was blessed with musical talent so that we can spread joy to all those around us.

I feel blessed to be able to continue this legacy even further and hope it continues for generations to come.

lA perfectionist, Nigam is the epitome of a good live enter- tainer. He remains the only artist to sell out four tours in South Africa. The Sonu Nigam 2012 Tour takes place from March 23 to 25, starting in Cape Town at the Good Hope Centre on the 23rd, then at Emperors Palace in Joburg on the 24th and wrapping up in Durban at the ICC on the 25th. Tickets can be bought at Computicket and Shoprite Checkers. Nigam is brought to South Africa by AA Events.

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/movies/music-runs-deep-in-sonu-s-blood-1.1259162

No comments:

Post a Comment