SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sonu Nigam Sings For Adult Literacy

Actor-producer Anil Kapoor is extremely elated to receive an award at the Screen Actors’ Guild Awards, held in Los Angeles, USA, on Sunday evening. “I didn’t expect this, but it’s a great honour for me. I’m probably the only Indian here who has got an award. It’s one of the biggest
accolades for an actor, and I’m honoured and blessed to receive my trophy,” he gushes on the phone line from LA.

“I didn’t know how I’d be able to attend the do because my schedule was really tight. I had a couple of engagements in Mumbai, and without completing them, I couldn’t have taken the flight out. But it’s all been worth it.”

The actor was to take the flight to LA on Thursday and reach on Friday. But he postponed his trip by two days as he had committed to shoot a film on adult literacy at Film City, Goregaon, on Saturday afternoon.

The film is a public interest project, helmed by director-actor-producer Farhan Akhtar. It also features actors Shabana Azmi, Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra along with Anil.

Scriptwriter-lyricist, and Farhan’s father, Javed Akhtar, has written the lyrics for the video. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have composed the track, which has been rendered by singers Alka Yagnik and Sonu Nigam. The film has just been completed and will be aired shortly on leading channels across all genres.

“It was a noble cause for which Farhan and his team had spoken to me. I felt it was a gracious way to give back to society. We’re trying to spread an important message about adult literacy through the video,” says Anil.

“Today, if we want our next generation to be educated, we have to ensure that adults understand the meaning and importance of literacy. They must value education and strive to get their kids into schools as early as possible. As celebrities or public figures, we have to make our efforts to help the society. It’s a touching video that will connect with viewers from every age group and demographic. Javed saab’s words are magical too.”

Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Anil-Kapoor-to-shoot-for-adult-literacy/Article1-804511.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment