SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Monday 11 April 2011

Back In Action


Think reality shows and the first name that come to one’s mind is Sonu Nigam. In fact, it would not be an overstatement to say that Sonu Nigam and Farah Khan’s combination in Indian Idol is perhaps the most popular judge-jodi till date.

Sadly, Sonu was out of reality shows for a while — due to his other commitments and also due to the way talent hunt shows were transforming into TRP hunts! After a gap of couple years (he was last seen in Chhote Ustaad last year), the genius will be seen in a new show X Factor that will look for musical talents across the nation soon.

“I have always stayed away from reality shows where judges created unnecessary scenes for some extra TRP. I have always said that I will not participate in a show where quality can be compromised,” he says while elaborating the reasons for his absence from reality shows for a while.

The host-turned-judge Sonu Nigam also seems to have very strong views on the selection of judges by the makers. “Why should a non-dancer celebrity be the judge for a dance reality show? Why should an actor judge a musical talent hunt show? Just because a filmstar is a crowdpuller? I strongly feel that a song-based reality show should be judged only by composers or singers and likewise for dance-based reality shows.” Point taken, Sonu. Something the makers need to take care of.

In the past, there have been loads of controversies on reality shows for children and the impact it has on their studies, childhood and innocence. But that has not deterred producers and broadcasters from making newer reality shows for children. How does Sonu view this phenomenon? “I feel today’s kids are under too much of stress and that is definitely not good for their future.

Let me share an incident with you — while judging Chote Ustaad, one parent asked me about what would happen to studies if kids continue to do reality shows. I told her, look at the bag which today’s kids take every day to school. Don’t you think it is too heavy for them? We have to think differently. It is high time we should.

Lata Mangeshkar or Sachin Tendulkar did not think of becoming a singer and cricketer all of a sudden. They started learning and practicing right from the childhood. I feel that is how we should deal with our children as well,“ he says.

“I was a pretty good student in school. In fact, my class notes became a popular tool for success and used to be called Nigam Notes! But thanks to my parents, I had no pressure or stress related to my studies. I could pursue my singing in parallel as well. I feel that is how today’s parents should look at things,” says the singer who will be seen in a new avatar in X Factor.

Source: http://www.punemirror.in/article/19/201104112011041100563262369158500/Back-in-action.html

No comments:

Post a Comment