SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Saturday 19 March 2011

Sonu Niigaam - My Fans Don't Own Me (Interveiw)


From someone who started cutting albums for Gulshan Kumar, the multifaceted Sonu Nigam who is rocking the world stage today in US, Gulf, Europe and even Russia, has come a long way. Partially settled in Los Angeles, Sonu continues to top the list of every big filmmaker who wants a potential chartbuster .

While he sung in 54 different voices for Tees Maar Khan, he also had a high adrenaline 10-minute medley song in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Sonu's currently basking in the glory of performing live with the song (Let's go for glory) for the opening ceremony of World Cup Cricket and also busy performing live and collaborating with international singers like Jermaine Jackson. There were news reports of him collaborating with Bryan Adams on his trip to India, but Sonu rubbishes them all. "Bryan Adams was very kind to come on stage and sing the same song while I was rehearsing it, but that's where the matter ends. There is no collaboration happening with him," he says.

Performing live has its share of problems too, says the singer. "See I have to do my best because I am not as glamorous or as well-equipped like a Beyonce Knowles or Michael Jackson, where their band members are close to 100-150 people. They even have great equipment which is flown along with the artists. They have a budget of around $5 million pumped in to make their concerts a hit. I just have a 30 member team. When I perform I only think of how I can become one with the audience. I can neither be overwhelmed by their love nor can I look down upon myself. And even I don't have any method or theory to perform."

Sonu is now spending more time in India to be with his mother. He will return in another music reality show on television. But this time he has definite parameters for being part of one. "I believe that reality shows are TRP driven, but I don't like the idea of being a 'fighting judge'. In my new show, there is no such scenario, so I accepted."

Talk veers towards his innermost dreams and Sonu tells us he has stopped planning for anything since a long time. "I am concentrating on my fitness levels so that I don't look old. Hopefully my hard work and a balanced lifestyle will open the doors by the Almighty to something new and exciting."

His fans love him but they have often remarked about his experimenting with different 'looks'. People have also commented about his 'spiritual' phase. "As long as I am not found drunk, lying in a pub or fighting with someone, I don't think people should comment on my hairdo or looks. My fans are my critics and I respect their feedback and constructive criticism, but they should not try to own me. Don't they experiment with their looks too? If they are my real fans then they will accept me how I am."

Talking about his happiness quotient, Sonu says, "My idea of a happy life does not depend on the fact that there is a party on Saturday. My happiness is not dependent on others, it comes from within. Spiritual growth in a person is never encouraged, but it is important. I don't know why people want to judge others instead of doing their own thing. I firmly feel that I don't need to follow or live according to other people's rules. I like living life the way I want to. No questions asked."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/My-fans-dont-own-me-Sonu-Nigam/articleshow/7743535.cms
tanvi.trivedi@timesgroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment