SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Friday 18 February 2011

Sonu Niigaam On The ICC World Cup!


Sonu Nigam was on cloud nine when he spoke to us just as he was boarding his flight from Delhi airport to Bangladesh.

He was to perform at the opening ceremony of 2011 World Cup Cricket in Dhaka, that happened on Thursday evening. "As a child I always had a passion for cricket. I grew up playing the game in my school and college days. Frankly, I never got the opportunity to watch any match in a stadium – till now, that is," he laughed. "But now, I shall try to watch at least the final in Mumbai. It is a great pride for our nation to be hosting such a mega sporting event for the first time. As an Indian, I feel immensely proud to be associated with this event. And as a singer, I thought it was high time that I did something more creative and innovative besides doing regular Bollywood numbers in films. Hence, I decided to write and compose a special song dedicated to the Cricket World Cup," he lets in.

"This will be one of the most prestigious moments for me – to be singing before such eminent international cricketers. It will be awesome. But the message in my song is not only for the cricketers, but for people from all walks of life. Whatever you are – an actor, singer or painter – whoever is struggling and striving hard to make a name for himself and is trying to attain glory will identify with the song," said the singer. It definitely did, Sonu.

So does he think India will win the CWC? He promptly said,
"Yes, surely. The team is good and they have been performing very well. There are a lot of young, talented players in the team and they have proved themselves for the team. I am sure they will perform well and win the cup. I am a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar and will be looking forward to watching him play during the World Cup."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Sonu-Nigams-on-cloud-nine/articleshow/7522040.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment