SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Thursday 27 January 2011

Sonu Niigaam Would Have Been A Great Actor if Not A Singer, & he Is Both. He Captivates People Very Well - Ramesh Sippy


Ramesh Sippy, Shankar Mahadevan, Annu Malik, Lalit Pandit and Kailash Kher, some of the members of the eminent Jury of Uninor Mirchi Music Awards 2010 Powered by Karbonn Mobiles tell Poonam Ahuja why they are on the Jury, and why they expect the star anchors Sonu Nigam and Shaan to rock the live event tonight!

What is your opinion of the Uninor Mirchi Music Awards 2010 powered by Karbonn Mobiles as the biggest and best awards event created purely for the music industry?

Annu Malik: Mirchi Music Awards is hugely genuine and it’s been decided by a wonderful jury which consists of eminent singers and composers from the music fraternity including Javedji, Lalitji, Kailash Kher, Shankar Mahadevan, Ramesh Sippyji and many other eminent personalities. It is nice to have a tremendous mix of music. It’s about being in the music field and choosing by discussion the songs and people who have given their best to the industry. It is not only about glamour. For this, I want to say, ‘Wow, Radio Mirchi!’

Lalit Pandit: Radio Mirchi is the first that has come up with this idea of having awards only for music and people connected with the technical aspects of recording, writing, engineering of a song and honouring the musicians, composers, writers and other technicians. I think the idea has really caught on and Radio Mirchi has really grown it over the last three years that I have been with these awards. As an artist and a part of the Radio Mirchi jury I am really proud at how hard everyone has worked -- the jury members, the staff and people from Radio Mirchi. It’s a wonderful feeling to have an award dedicated to music and also this makes it very special because all the jury members are people who know music and practice music. Prominent writers and super composers are part of jury who decide the best of the work that has taken place over the year. I think this makes it really very special.

Kailash Kher: Every award has its own recognition and reputation. In Mirchi Music Awards people’s work is praised and appreciated and their work is accepted by the entire world. Along with the award the respect and recognition which it gains is of prime value and importance.

Shankar Mahadevan: It is the first of its kind and it is great that such a popular radio network has got its award ceremony because I think it’s wonderful to have an award dedicated only to music.

Ramesh Sippy: Radio Mirchi was the first to start this, and it and was long overdue. It is a very fine initiative. This is India, and Bollywood is known for its music, which is integrated into the films. Although we have music awards as a part of film industry awards from the very beginning, we don’t have purely music awards unlike the West, where such awards have been popular for a very long time, so it was about time that India woke up to these awards.

The Indian musicians, composers, singers, lyrists and all the people behind music must have their right and recognition in the world of Indian Music. Our film music is by far the most popular music compared to the rest of the word’s music.

Why did you choose to join the Jury of these awards?

Annu Malik: It is a great feeling to be a part of the Jury. They have selected me as I have been in the industry for 30 years now. I also have had a sudden hit with Yaamla Paagla Deewana.

Lalit Pandit: I feel I have given many years of my life to music and composes music for some wonderful films, and it feels really great to go through the songs of composers and writers and feel which one has done good work and has been nominated from my side. I am also sure people who receive this award feel pride in taking this award as it comes from the music fraternity itself, so it’s appreciation from people who understand music and you work along with them. This makes it very special and precious. Even to get nominated for Radio Mirchi’s Mirchi Music Awards is an honour.

Kailash Kher: I liked the concept of these awards. As it is, Music awards are very few, and I thought I should get associated with Radio Mirchi’s awards.

Shankar Mahadevan : I am a part of the jury for three consecutive years, right from the beginning, because it was a first-of-its-kind and a unique venture. I think people who are musically established are a part of this jury, so the awards will be very fair.

Ramesh Sippy: The truth is that they invited me. At first I did think, ‘How do I relate to these awards? I am a movie maker, a director, so what would be my role?’ But besides musicians they wanted a movie maker for the perspective on how movie making and music go together, from people who understand music. They said, ‘We want your knowledge, experience of integrating music with films as part of the tradition of making films in India’. It is to celebrate the musicians and everyone related to the world of music, and I am happy to be with it.

How does it feel to be judging others’ work when you yourself are a practicing professional in the space of composing or singing or writing or producing or directing films with music?

Annu Malik: It is a great feeling to be a part of the jury. The Mirchi Music Awards is all about fair judgment. It’s not only me but also all the other members of the jury who make a very fair and wise judgment.

Lalit Pandit: It feels really nice because you come across some wonderful work which you have missed. There is some music which doesn’t become very popular and you miss it, but when you hear it you feel, ‘no, he or she has done a good job!’ I feel very proud and happy to judge others’ work and I have always been very appreciative of people’s work. I enjoy listening to music or a song composed by someone else which is appealing to me as I am an appreciative person. I have a different point of view of judging a musical score and I feel I am perfect for the job because I am unbiased and I appreciate music, and that’s the key.

Shankar Mahadevan: It is a quite a responsible position but I think my friends who are a part of the jury are wonderful and so it’s a pleasure to be with them.

Ramesh Sippy: I am very happy to be part of the jury which includes lyricists, composers, singers and others. Taking their guidance to come forth with a conclusion is wonderful. As an individual I have had a lot of experience of judging films including for the National Awards, so I think that I am very well suited to do the job well.

Sonu Nigam and Shaan will anchor the awards, and even perform tonight. What is your opinion of the two as singers and anchor-performers?

Annu Malik: It is going to be full of fun. We’ll see the best of Sonu. He will pull the crowd with his great mimicry and singing. Shaan is also one of the best hosts and has hosted musical shows wonderfully. So I’m really looking forward to it.

Lalit Pandit: It’s a wonderful idea to have singers or people from the music industry to host the show, and Shaan and Sonu are both very experienced in hosting shows because both have done hosting in ‘Sa Re AG AM PA’ and ‘Voice Of India’. They are professional, and every energetic. They are also excellent live performers, so I think Radio Mirchi Music Awards are going to be rocking this year!

Kailash Kher: Both are good friends and are amongst the leading singers of the nation. In today’s competing world where people are back-biting and insecure, it is wonderful to have see good human beings doing good work together. When more and more people are getting into the music industry, both Shaan and Sonu have acted as pillars for the fraternity. Both of them along with us also took the initiative to form the Singer Association of India (SAI). All this is possible only when there is intelligence and less of personal complexes and competition amongst one another. Both are also a great source of inspiration for the future generation.

Shankar Mahadevan: It will be great fun because both are lovely people, excellent singers and great actors and mimics too.

Ramesh Sippy: Sonu is a great performer and actor and he holds people very well when he’s on stage. Sonu would have been a great actor if not a singer, and he is both. He captivates people very well. Shaan is another young man who has come up wonderfully over last few years and the 27th night is going to be rocking!

Source: http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/sonu-and-shaan-will-rock-uninor-mirchi-music-awards-tonight-eminent-jury-members

No comments:

Post a Comment