SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Sonu Niigaam - A New Movie & A New Romantic Album


He had changed the spelling of his name to the awkward sounding 'Niigaam', but that phase, Sonu says, is over. Now, it's back to being Nigam again as it has nothing to do with numerology anymore. Sonu says he's "been enlightened" and that he's surprised at himself for all the changes he has undergone, including the name, the hairstyle and the anger management. Says he, "The name change was one of the journeys I had to take in life. I had to go through that path to learn the truth. And I have realised that I don't want to tamper with these forces. I am happy with all the astrological arrangements I was born with. I am happy finding success with my original name – Sonu Nigam."

His new look, complete with long locks and a chiselled chest, has been in the news recently. "I had the same hairstyle for 30 years, so I needed to change. Otherwise, I would've stagnated. But I realised that we are an emotional country and people get attached to you as a person, even your look and your ways. And the change is difficult for them to accept. But my hair has been the same for a while now. It is suiting my state of mind. I haven't cut it for 10 months now," Sonu says.

And his state of mind, Sonu tells us, is uncluttered, like his name. He explains, "My perspective of life has changed. Music is a state of mind, and mine's different from yours. I am a certain way and a lot of people don't understand what I do. But I have become accepting of that now." He has even learnt to control his rather temperamental behaviour. In earlier interviews, Sonu has often said that he was called a "bachcha" in the industry, and that led to frustration. But now, he's looking at things differently. "I have started controlling myself. I dissociate myself when Sonu is angry. I've controlled my anger greatly. I am surprised at myself," he says.

The changes have also led to positivity in his relationship with his wife, which had hit a rocky phase in the past. It went to the extent of Sonu saying publicly that his marriage was "on standby". But things have improved. He says, "Like any other couple, we have had trouble and our share of problems. I am a difficult man to be with."I am very imaginative and as a creative person, I give you the space you want. I can't tie anyone down. In turn, I myself want a lot of space." But, he's working on his family life and says, "I make it a point that all three of us – I, my wife and my son – travel together even when I go to Los Angeles."

So, what is it with LA that he keeps heading there, a la AR Rahman? "Well, I like the transition between the buzz in Mumbai and the silence in LA. I've got my family, friends and my soul in Mumbai. I've lived here since I was 18. But, when I go to LA, Mumbai becomes more important. It gives much more importance to Mumbai."

In an almost philosophical tone, Sonu adds, "Every day is a high point for me now. Giving this interview is a high point for me. I've never been this happy or content with life. I've been able to understand something about life." Even though the "enlightenment or revelation" is something that Sonu feels he doesn't need to share, he says, "I had never understood the world till now. But now, I have. So I have changed. I have become more non-judgmental and accepting. I'm not taking people for granted – parents, friends, and people we care for. But, I'm not content with what there is for me at the moment, for then there will be no goal to achieve."

Close on the heels of these changes, Sonu's packed with work – there's perhaps a romantic album and definitely a movie, plus the usual shows and singing that he does. Says Sonu, "I like to keep myself engaged in multiple things. So, there's obviously this reality show that I'm doing, and it's the right time for an album and I want to bring out a romantic album. There's also a movie, but I can't talk about it at the moment." It's clichéd, but in Sonu's case, it seems, change is truly the only constant!

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Its-Nigamnot-Niigaam-says-Sonu/articleshow/6512924.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment