SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Friday 6 August 2010

Sonu Niigaam ''Composers Conspired To Not Give Me Work” -


Sonu Niigaam who was recently in news for having deleted his twitter account after being panned by his followers for having sported two pig tails in one of his music shows, is now back in scene with a reality show Chhote Ustad.

He would be seen judging the kids singing reality show that has roped in 10 Indian kids and 10 from Pakistan. They will together form 10 teams in which each team will have one Indian child and one Pakistani child. The teams would compete against each other and not the nationality. The show aims at spreading the message of love and peace across the countries.

As we all know Sonu has been choosy about the TV shows he has done so far. In a candid interaction with media he spoke about the appeal of Chhote Ustad. Scroll down to also find out Sonu’s opinion on religion and cosmic energy.
-------------------------------------------
You are one of the popular reality show judge on television and now you are set to judge the kids in this show.
According to me judging is wrong concept. Since it’s a format of the show it has to be done. I don’t think that I am capable of judging someone just because I am somebody big. Also I don’t think that I am better than the contestants who I am suppose to judge on the show. There can be someone who is better of me. It’s just the matter of age.

You have been very choosy about doing shows on TV, so what made you take up this show?
I liked the concept as I believe it is difficult to change the adults’ mentality. If they have grown with the view that Muslims are enemies or Hindus are enemies they will continue to believe so, no matter how much you pursue them. So when the children from the neighbouring country would come to our nation and receive the warmth here, definitely they would go back and spread good words there. It has to begin from somewhere so why not us. For sure, you will see the difference soon.

How do you look at religion?
I feel religion should be domesticated and not internationalized. It means one should follow the religion at home but should not create noise of it. The minute religion steps out of house, peace is disturbed and hostility prevails because one tends to promote his/her religion as superior most.

Isn’t the reality shows are adding pressure on these little ones?
As far as the pressure of competition is concerned, competition exists in schools as well. The reality shows are good platform for kids to learn and gauge their standings. Sachin Tendulkar did not decide to become cricketer at the age of 18. He had been playing since he was a child. So when these kids participate in reality shows, they actually avail the opportunity to learn.

Today as a leading music personality, what do you suggest to all those children who aspire to make career in music?
I would suggest to their parents that they should teach their children at least one instrument so that the child does not rate the songs as good for the number of times he has heard it but for the quality of it.

You have worked with Gajendra Singh in past as well.
We have seen the days when we use to shoot three to five episodes in a day. It use to be so hectic that I had started dreaming of Sa Re Ga Ma when I am asleep. At that time there was no voting system. In a day we use to have several guests on the show for the different episodes and then I had to prepare respective songs in their honour. I remember I have written my own scripts so many times. So I would sum up saying that the bond has grown stronger by the day.

You have been constantly doing something or the other with your hair.
What if someday I turn bald! You never know about men hair fall. I simply grow them. Last time I trimmed my hair in October. Also it’s my age, I can’t carry the same chocolate boy look all my life. Also I like to play with my hair do.

You are the first Indian to delete your twitter account.
I was not there on twitter to let people know that I got up or I had food. I am too good with words to do something of that sort. It is also dangerous for blunt people like me. If somebody’s writing wrong things about me obviously I would react to it. I had started giving back to people in a manner I was not suppose to, so I finally decided to delete it as I realized it is bread and butter of the people who are doing it but not mine. I should not retaliate to it. I will be back on twitter just for the music workshop. For that matter, Facebook is better as there you have a choice, here in twitter anybody who likes me can follow.

You have also been singing less in films these days.

When I said that I have reduced on work I did not mean that am not working. But the leading composers like Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Vishal-Shekhar and Pritam made it a point that if he’s not singing let’s not give him work only, and they all made the best use of this opportunity. It’s been a long that I sang for them. That’s not right, instead one should look at it in a way that when the person is exclusive that means he is not selling cheap.

What do you have to say about many Pakistani singers flourishing in India?
If one is destined to earn name and fame in India it will happen to him. His destiny has already been written. It is all upon the one’s cosmic structure. I completely believe in cosmic structures, it is difficult to comprehend but everything in this world happens for a reason.

But it’s never other way round. We have never seen any Indian singer flourishing in their country.
When there are two brothers, one is rich and the other is poor. The richer one would only be able to help the poor one, similarly when our industry is stronger than theirs obviously it becomes our responsibility to help them avail the opportunities here. We have a market for our music and films there and also our industry appeals them. Give and take is between equals. If we are capable of giving then why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment