SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Sonu Niigaam - 'My Work Chooses Me'


BANGALORE: He had his first relationship at 18 and that left him brokenhearted.
The very next year, ‘Achha sila diya tune mere pyar ka’ rang true in his voice, perhaps because he understood what the pain of having loved and lost is. From then, we have heard him sing many soulful numbers that touch our emotional chords. But

Sonu Nigam has done much more than that. From fast tracks like ‘Bijuria’ and ‘Tu..’ to trying his hand at movies, to cutting albums that recreate the magic of singers (in Rafi Resurrected that came out last year) this wellacclaimed playback singer has been there, done that.

Sonu was in the city for a concert and as the brand ambassador of BIG 92.7 FM. Sonu said that he was quite surprised that the FM channel chose him to be the ambassador since “in our country, this role usually goes to actors or cricketers”.
He believes that musicians should be chosen for musical causes and “If it were not me, it could be Shaan, or KK, or Shreya, or Sunidhi, someone who is a musician”.

Although some say that Sonu has been relatively inactive in the Bollywood front for sometime, the singer has been very busy, touring the world for his concerts and belting out hits in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu. “Sometimes the schedules are so erratic that I practice on flights.” The usual question that is thrown at him is how manages to evoke the feelings of the songs in south Indian languages without knowing the tongues. “Sometimes you may know the language and yet be unable to put the correct expressions.
Then what is the use? I understand every word, I understand the situation in which the song is set, ask who it is being filmed on, learn every pronounciation and then sing the songs.

The feelings flow.” He has a unique project lined up. With HMV Sa Re Ga Ma, he will be coming out with a series of albums titled Time Travel

“It’s less of an album and more of an experiment. I will be singing songs of the earlier era. I have made my voice sound older and even the tracks are older. It will be time travel,” the singer says. The fans will surely hope that for this man who says “I do not choose my work, my work chooses me,” the musical journey will continue for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment