SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Monday 12 October 2009

Sonu Niigaam - Music Hasn't Died in The Kannada Film Industry


After rocking the city of Bangalore in a concert on Sunday night, ace singer Sonu Nigam, also the brand ambassador for BIG 92.7 FM, unveiled the new Bejan Hits which follows the Contemporary Hit Radio(CHR) format. Accordingly, the station will play only hit songs covering a great variety.

Speaking to presspersons post the unveiling, Nigam, dressed in a stylish black jacket and trousers to match, didn't mince words on his take on the current scenario in the Bollywood music industry. He expressed his love for Kannada music, his inspirations, the kind of music he loves listening to and his first break into the world of playback singing.

The singer said he gives prime importance to the quality of content in a movie while choosing songs. "I do not always want to sing for the hero, I can be singing for a beggar in a movie but it should have quality and sadly that is missing in Bollywood nowadays. That is one of the reasons for me to stay away from it," he said. Nigam, who rose to prominence as a host of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, a singing talent competition. He also said that contestants who have won such music shows today are still struggling as they are not given chance to sing. "Music producers these days have started to sing in their own movies and they only choose singers who are willing to performing in concerts along with them, therefore the real talent loses out on opportunities." he said.

On his preference to sing in Kannada songs, Nigam said that music isn't dead over here as people still like to listen to melodies and romantic ballads. "I will sing here as long as I get good offers, the day I get trashy songs i will stop," he quipped. He also said that he makes it a point to translate Kannada lyrics to understand what every word means thus making the song sound authentic. He also recently released a Kannada album ‘Neene Bari Neene’.

His upcoming album, "Time Travel", by Sa Re Ga Ma, he says is an experiment. "We have gone back to the old songs but have not remixed it. When you listen to the album you will feel like I am singing with greats like Rafi. We have indeed travelled time in this album," he said.

With a career that spans almost twenty years, Sonu Nigam wished that he had a mentor to guide him to have chosen better projects. "So much of my hard work has gone to waste because I chose the wrong movies to act in. Love in Nepal is the only movie I am proud of but on the whole I am extremely proud of what I have accomplished. From a time when there was just playback singing, I have done concerts, released successful pop and classical albums, I am happy with what I have done," he said.

12. October 2009
mybangalore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment