SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Friday 25 September 2009

Sonu Niigaam: I'm offered sub-standard songs


One of Bollywood's most talented playback singers Sonu Niigaam, is hardly heard these days. He says that he has cut down his work because he doesn't want to sing sub-standard songs.

"There are two-three reasons because of which I decided to cut down on my projects. First was that not many songs offered to me today appeal to me. This is because composers have started singing themselves," said Sonu.

"Most of the times, composers make songs that are apt for their voices. It's all business. I don't hold it against them because everyone has a right to safeguard their interests.

"Music composers have realised that concerts are money spinners. So they make songs that they can sing. I don't want to be part of this craziness where I am given sub-standard songs and the best are taken by the composers themselves. I'm pretty content with what I'm doing," he added.

The singer, who enthralled music buffs with hit numbers like Suraj hua madham, Saathiya and Kal ho na ho among others, says he misses good music.

"I miss good music in totality today. There are hardly any great songs that have come up in the last three to four years. The songs that sounds great instantly, disappear after two-three months... those songs don't stay with the listeners," said Sonu who has a huge fan following not only in India but abroad also.

The 36-year-old singer has been working in the industry for more than 17 years and says that he wanted to give himself a break. "I wanted to reduce my work. There were days when I had sung 11 songs in a day. I used to keep running from one studio to another and in that process I lost myself. So I stopped doing songs which were not very good. I made my work qualitative," informed Sonu who recently became the brand ambassador of 92.7 Big FM.

"I couldn't enjoy life for many years because of work. So now I want to do only quality work. I rather say no to trash. I don't want to spoil my repertoire and that's why you will hear less of me in future. But whatever you hear, you will never say that 'oh that was a trash song'," added the singer.

The versatile singer recently sang the song Chiggy wiggy for Blue and international pop star Kylie Minogue too lent her voice for the same, but they didn't get to meet each other.

"I gave my nod to Chiggy wiggy because of A R Rahman. I didn't even know that Kylie will be singing the song too. I never met Kylie. She was in London when I sang the song in Mumbai. Then when she came here, I was out of India

2 comments:

  1. Nice Words by sonu niigaam.
    i totally agree with him that now a days we have lost the quality and melody in songs not because such tracks are not made today but actually due to a false perception that they won't work today.we today also enjoy songs by rafi sahab ,kishore ji and manna dey ji .it was not like all their songs were slow and one can't tap his feet...if you heed to "main jat yamla pagla " and others. I believe the era which was created by these singer can never come back if we will continue with this type of music today where no meanings and no music come out from most of the song.
    but i do believe that sonu niigaam is the singer who can repeat the history itself if given chance and solo responsibility of maintaining the trend of good and audible muisc, as he is versatile singer in our industry today.
    please let music be the therapy to relish and cherish one.

    ReplyDelete