SONU NIGAM'S MESSAGE !!

To all the fans of Vijay's blog, a very happy Christmas and a great new year to u. Keep blessing and supporting genuine music and genuine music lovers.. Lots of love and prayers. Sonu Niigaam 18/12/09
"I know now Oh Lord, how much You love me, after I see my own self love my son !" (Sonu Niigaam (080708 0830am IST, Bangkok, Millionaire Hilton, room 2328)

Namaste, Salaam, Sat Shri Akaal & Welcome !!

Latest News !! Music now released !! Breaking News (Mumbai Mirror) (Music Out Now) (Simpallaag Ond Love Story) (Music Out Now) (Zila Ghaziabad) (Music Out Now) (8.20) (Malayalam Movie) (Bloody Isshq)(Music Out Now) (Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Music Out Now!) (Sonu Nigam's 'Vayuputras' Now Released!) (Chashme Baddoor - Music Out Now!) (I Love NY - Music Out Now) (Shootout At Wadala - Music Out Now) (Ale - Music Out Now) (Bulbul - Music Out Now) (Rangeelay (Punjabi OST)- Music Out Now) (Kaddipudi - Music Out Now) (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 - Music Out Now)

About Me

My photo
London, Essex, United Kingdom

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS

SONU NIGAM AT EVENTS
Sonu Nigam At Ajmer Sharif 12-04-13

Thursday 23 July 2009

Transcript of LIVE Chat Singer, Sonu Niigaam


Hi Frnds, I juss found this chat session where Sonu ji were answering his fans' questions, so sharing here IN CASE you havent seen it yet.

When I came to Mumbai as a fresher, I didn't wear the tag of star-kid. Ironically, after 14 years of recognition, now I suddenly become a star son. Currently, my dad's second album is the highest selling solo-album in the country."

Sonu Niigaam
Singer

Nur_kksingapore > What is your favourite pastime besides singing?
Sonu Nigam > One is working out, sleeping and (doing) something that men love to do the most - I leave it up to your imagination!

Rehman > I Sonu, I am a small time musician too. Could you tell me what is this association for musicians that everyone is talking about? How does one become its member and what are it benefits?
Sonu Nigam > This association is primarily for all the singers who are working in India in any kind of medium whether films or pop music etc. This association is yet to be registered as I am finalising its clauses. Initially, the most important and prominent singers of India are its members. But once it's registered, anyone who complies with its clauses and terms and conditions (any professional singer) can become its member.

Nur_kksingapore > Do you really like acting and can I know if you sang in Suneel Dashan's new film, Dosti-Friends Forever ?
Sonu Nigam > I have loved and liked whatever I have done in my life whether its singing, anchoring on TV, dancing in my pop videos, composing music or acting. The name sounds familiar and I must have sung for it but since I do bulk work, it's difficult to remember all the songs.

Shilpi > I would also like to know how should a fresher start up his career in singing and how to get the celeb contacts because without recommendation it's very difficult.
Sonu Nigam > There is no formula to it specially when you are not a star kid. Just like I had to start from scratch - meeting people, asking for work, waiting for hours outside their offices, patiently tolerating their insolent behaviour at times and self motivating myself each one has to put his heart and soul in finding his destiny. The only suggestion I can make is - never waste your time criticising others. People who criticise others end up becoming either frustrated artists or frustrated journalists.

Shilpi > If you don't mind, I would like to tell you that you were exactly right when you gave a statement regarding the comment on your hairstyle.
Sonu Nigam > Thank you and keep motivating me. I am sure you are a positive fan.

Sita > Are you looking forward to acting in more movies?
Sonu Nigam > I take my life in segments. I invested one and half to two years in acting and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Then I went to America and produced an album (spirit and unfolding) and then came back to India and took up the Indian Idol (show). I thoroughly enjoyed the experience too. And now I am working on my solo album, which is due to release next month. I don't know what I am doing after that because I don't plan my future, I live in the present.

Lemik > Why do you think things didn't work for you as an actor?
Sonu Nigam > Firstly, my image as a singer is too strong in the hearts of people. Secondly, people look up to me in the sense that they expect me to not be a part of mediocre projects (which my movies turned out to be unfortunately. Not that I worked any less hard for it but as an actor you need to depend on a very strong project, great director, efficient and popular co-stars, through marketing and little bit of luck too. Besides, one's own acting prowess too counts.

That is why all Amitabh Bachchan or Shah Rukh Khan films are not super hits. Nevertheless, every experience teaches you something and in that sense the experience was a success.

Machi > Why did you try your hands at films? You are excellent as a singer. Why did you go into acting?
Sonu Nigam > Have you seen (any of) my movie?

Vania > Sonu what do you do to maintain your voice so well?
Sonu Nigam > I stay free from negativity and keep my soul clear from being cynicnal towards others. And that affects in the voice, I think.

Sita > How do you feel the aftermath of the Indian Idol show. Really, we were just hooked to it!
Sonu Nigam > Great! I am happy that the Indian audience has proved to the Indian media that singers are the most underrated and underutilised commodity in this country. And given the exposure like cricketers and actors, they can turn out to become huge money making machines for the industry.

Soni_84in > Don't you think Sonu that songs these days lack emotions compared to those in Kishore Kumar times?
Sonu Nigam > I don't think so. Music is a reflection of society in general and by looking down upon the present music we end up looking down upon ourselves. Music has been a very good, good, mediocre, very poor in every era. Sit with me someday and I will site you examples to prove my point.

Mannie > What made you start this association? Any bitter experience you had in your struggling days?
Sonu Nigam > Of course I have gone through a lot of hardships during my struggle period but my idea of promoting a singers' association was merely because such unsuccessful attempts have been made in the past and no one ever carried it forward to give it a concrete shape. Thank fully, all the singers today are hand-in-hand with each other and also with the music directors.

Jatin_smart > Sonu, how much time do you devote daily to music for practice? Your father is a also a very good singer, can we hear both voices in any song together?
Sonu Nigam > I am virtually singing always. And besides that my yoga-abhays and workouts give my lungs the power to belt it out. I think I must be the luckiest son who came to Bombay (Mumbai) without being a star kid and after 14 years of recognition I suddenly become a star son because my father Agam Kumar Nigam's second album "Bewafaee" is right now the highest selling solo album in the country. God willing, I will some day request him to sing with me. So you will get to hear father and son one by one.

Jatin_smart > What do you think about the talent hunts going on almost all channels? Do they really benefit newcomers?
Sonu Nigam > Yes definitely.

Amira > Hi, I am from Egypt and I like your voice very much. Have you thought of singing a song with Arabic words?
Sonu Nigam > It's a brilliant idea! Why don't you hook me up with some Egyptian crooners and then see the magic work!

Ani > Sonu, when can we again have Deewana or Bijuria kind of song from you? Seems you are too busy in film songs and don't have time for good private albums.
Sonu Nigam > I think I just answered this question before. I am on the verge of finishing the final mix of my solo album after four years and god willing, you will be able to see the promos on air by next month.

Sign of Message > Thank you very much for silently blessing me. Amidst all the choices of professionals a lot of you have chosen to pray for me and wish the best for me. And probably that's why an ordinary boy from Delhi, who could sing, has suddenly been chosen as one of the MTV youth icons this year in the list consisting of Shah Rukh Khan and Sonia Gandhi. This is one of the biggest high of my life and I will try my level best to keep on reinventing myself and entertaining you all to my best ability. Love, Sonu Niigaam.

Though it is an older one, still you will like it if you didnt see it in past.
Transcript of LIVE Chat Singer, Sonu Nigam at 15.00 hrs on Wednesday, April 6 , 2005 in Mumbai
Source: http://chatinterviews.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1076615.cms

2 comments:

  1. sonu sir , i m f 16+ n study in 11th stndrd ..i hv strong passion of becoming playback singer and live performer ..but i donot know the way to achieve it plz advice me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir, my name is ravi kumar. sir i m big fan of you and i want to be a big Singer sir....... i want to listen my voice once more.

    ReplyDelete